The governorship election results;
APC = 15 states
PDP = 8 states
NNPP = 1 state
Inconclusive = 2 states
Of the governorship election results declared so far by INEC
1. APC has lost three states (Kano, Zamfara and Plateau);
2. PDP has lost two states (Sokoto and Benue)
3. APC has flipped two states (Benue and Sokoto)
4. PDP has flipped two states (Plateau and Zamfara).
5. NNPP has flipped/gained one state (Kano)
6. A sitting governor has lost re-election bid in Zamfara.
7. The first and second runners up combined polled more votes than the winners in Taraba and Kaduna.
8. NNPP’s strong showing (>200k votes) in Taraba blindsided many
9. Highest losing tally: PDP, 719k in Kaduna; APC 890k votes in Kano.
10. Only one candidate broke the 1m vote barrier: Mal. Abba Yusuf of NNPP in Kano
11. Highest percentage win: Prof. Zulum of APC, Borno (>80%)