Passionate appeal to our gallant youths.
The attention of the Deji and Paramount Ruler of Akure Kingdom, Oba Aladetoyinbo Ogunlade Aladelusi, Odundun II has been drawn to the dangerous and chaotic dimension of the ongoing End SARS protest in Akure.
2. Oba Aladetoyinbo believe strongly in the right of the people to peacefully protest and demand for good governance as being currently canvased.
3. However, His Majesty wishes to appeal to the youths not to engage in wanton destruction of properties and burning of properties while pressing home their demand.
4. On the other hand, Oba Aladetoyinbo Ogunlade condemned the killings of innocent and harmless youths at the Lekki toll gate and other parts of the country.
5. His Majesty commiserate with the families of these gallant youths who lost their lives in this tragic situation while demanding for a better life. They remained heroes and heroines of the struggle for a better Nigeria.
6. Above all, His Majesty once again appeal to all the youths to shun all forms of violence and attacks while raising their voice for a better life and responsive governance.
7. There is surely better days ahead.
8. Akure a gbe a oo
Chief Press Secretary to the Deji of Akure Kingdom.
21st October, 2020